PDA

View Full Version : Game Vouchers

xxSTARGATExx
5th March 2012, 16:30
With the uncertainty of will they won't they of GAME, I've decided that I don't want to take the risk with the ammount of vouchers I have, had it been a small ammount I would tough it out. but I have 325 worth, a lot to lose should they eventually fold/pull the plug or whatever.

I cant take the chance on losing that kind of money, not in my situation, I did think about buying a console and selling it on ebay as was suggested, but I only have a savings acct that my disability money is paid into, and besides, I don't want to have the hassle of watching for bids, paypal and all that, so I'm going to offer them up to anyone who has a need for them here.

Here is what I have and what I'll let them go for:

25:00 x 6 will take 20 for each one

50 x 2 will take 40 for each one

75 x 1 will take 50

anybody wanting any, let me know

G

sassydeelite
5th March 2012, 16:37
That's extremely kind of you Garrey. I hope you manage to buy yourself something special with the money.

DeadManDan
5th March 2012, 16:44
Buy loads of copies of skyrim from Game (pre-owned) 35 , then immediately trade these into HMV for 35 credit or 27 cash. HMV doing a deal on skyrim trade-ins this week! :gr8

xxSTARGATExx
5th March 2012, 16:48
^^^ food for thought, for any vouchers left maybe ;)

xxSTARGATExx
5th March 2012, 16:51
That's extremely kind of you Garrey. I hope you manage to buy yourself something special with the money.
A way of us helping each other sass love, I let them go a little cheaper, and in return I get cash back to put towrads the PS4 + games I was putting the vouchers by for win win

DeadManDan
5th March 2012, 16:55
or trade them in quickly for PSN top-up cards. - they will hold value and can resell on - especially to Vita owners.

KevinFlame
5th March 2012, 17:14
or trade them in quickly for PSN top-up cards. - they will hold value and can resell on - especially to Vita owners.

Do this, they're effectively cash.

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewan1978
5th March 2012, 17:33
Do this, they're effectively cash.

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki just got 3 of the older bluray box psn vouchers for 60 even though thaey have 25 each face value, apparently game are getting rid of them as Sony no longer supply them & they are told to promote the digital printout version now

CabVol
5th March 2012, 17:33
^^^Yeah that's the best thing. Until Sony go **** up too!

DeadManDan
5th March 2012, 17:41
LOL - Garrey's Independant Traders ! ;)

xxSTARGATExx
5th March 2012, 17:53
Buy loads of copies of skyrim from Game (pre-owned) 35 , then immediately trade these into HMV for 35 credit or 27 cash. HMV doing a deal on skyrim trade-ins this week! :gr8
Yeh can just see it now:

"yes sir can I help you"

"yes, 9 copies of skyrim please :whislte "

" Security...."

BeeCee77
6th March 2012, 09:04
Sony vouchers is a very good call.

boomer_193
6th March 2012, 09:33
beware of buying them on-line though. I bought a 15 card at lunchtime yesterday to clear my reward card balance and still haven't been e-mailed the code :unsure

just about to chase them up.

boomer_193
6th March 2012, 15:51
I've just received the code, so all should be good :D

xxSTARGATExx
6th March 2012, 17:14
I heard that Capcom and somebody else aren't supplying them now aswell, oh dear, I could lose out big time or, Gamestop could buy them out dirt cheap.

Sharpy_01
6th March 2012, 19:05
Garrey m8 I buy and sell a lot of PSN cards and sell on Ebay, you can put them on as a fixed price so no need to keep an eye on them as you are emailed on product sold and also on payment made.
I put 35 ones on for 31 and on a Thurs-Sat they sell all day long, if not sold at end of 3 days you just loose 40p, I've not had one not sell yet.
Just be aware that on every transaction you make you will pay a premium to Paypal and Ebay.
Just make sure that if you do try this you put in the description something like; "All codes will be sent via Ebay internal mail and code has been checked and verified before being sent."
You can check that code is valid by putting it into PSN redeem codes, but don't accept it.

xxSTARGATExx
7th March 2012, 20:07
I'll be going into town tomorrow and buying a rtb cable for my PS3, MW3 for my 360, 2 Skyrims (to trade in at HMV), and some PSN Cards/M.Soft Cards, I'll also spend all the points on my reward card.

You watch, after all this, GameStop will buy out GAME after all :D

Nobleck
7th March 2012, 21:05
Better to be safe than sorry.

Sent via Tapatalk

xxSTARGATExx
7th March 2012, 21:55
Indeed ;)

Especially after hearing this:

Dropped into my local Game store this morning, don't look good, alot fewer games in stock, prices for pre-owned games slashed, looked to me a fire-sale was going on.

:O :O

Nobleck
7th March 2012, 22:09
Blimey, I may go to my store tomorrow (got a few days off :) )

Sent via Tapatalk

xxSTARGATExx
8th March 2012, 20:42
Well I was quite shocked to be honest with you, the staff have been told nothing except one thing....................

It's sale time, you should see the ammount of games that have been reduced and by how much :O

When I walked in the first thing I noticed was the shelves on the right hand side near the door, all empty, not a single thing on them, then as I got further in I could see a sea of sale stickers on the games, yes there was still the dearer ones but there were bargains to be had.

I picked up:

Ghost Recon advanced Warfighter .. 2:98
Resistance 2 (Platinum Edition) ........ 2:98
MW3 for my XBox .........................22:99

I didn't want anything else really, I'd have been wasting my Vouchers, I did buy 12 months with another 2 months chucked in of xbox live gold for 39:99, I spent the rest on Sony Points codes and Microsoft points cards

HIf anybody wants any at anytime, here is what I have:

14 x 800 M.Soft points
11 x 10 Sony points codes

Nobleck
8th March 2012, 20:50
I noticed those cheap pre owned prices online as well, but empty shelves isn't normal in that environment sale or no sale.

Sent via Tapatalk

xxSTARGATExx
8th March 2012, 21:00
I'm just glad I managed to get rid of my vouchers Andy, should have seen the customers face when my mate said to me "how many of the Playstation points activtion codes do you want, ..."how many have you got"....."Eleven" .....I'll have all of them" .

"How many M.Soft 800 point cards have you got" ..... "errr 1,2 3,.....14" , ...."I'll have all of those awswell" She nearly fainted :O lol

Nobleck
8th March 2012, 21:05
:D it's a shame you couldn't just Exchange vouchers for the cash value.

I am paying Game a visit tomorrow, don't really want anything, but I have a few quid on the reward and voucher card, i may buy a few pre owned games at those prices :)

Sent via Tapatalk

KevinFlame
8th March 2012, 23:50
More offers at Game/Gamestation:

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/800-microsoft-points-game-instore-2-98-1163581

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/game-gamestation-preowned-console-sale-starts-tomorrow-prices-thread-ex-160gb-ps3-1163617

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/ps3-move-sharp-shooter-game-instore-4-98-other-deals-1163497

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/cheap-pre-owned-games-gamestation-with-thanks-posters-48p-2-98p-1162435

Doesn't look good does it?

--
Jeff
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk